What an emotional and incredible week–I’ve been allllll caught up in Supreme Court stuff this week. I have done some writing, but most of my time has been dedicated to news. Thanks to Jeff Kent’s suggestion, I also researched Amazon KDP for publishing some of my short stories. I’m exploring this, but I’m still unsure. Is it worth the cost of cover art and what not? What’s up with the 30% vs. 70%? And yeah, I mean, is my writing good enough for that? I just don’t know…
Let’s go to the board.
1) 5 posts this week. Yup, we’re gonna do it.
This is post 3 of the week. Looking forward to popping another out tomorrow!
2) Complete the short story that I started last week, The Hand that Feeds You, and post it for critique.
Working on this tonight. Going back from scratch, but not in a bad way. I know exactly what direction that I want it to go in. Looking forward to my writing community tearing it apart on Friday.
3) Write this week’s flash fiction for Chuck’s challenge. I rolled a good one! Superhero plus Occult Detective, must have forbidden love and a pool of blood. Ohhhhh yeaaaah. It’s gonna be awesome.
Will probably spend most of my time writing this on Thursday. I have an idea rattling in my head. I think that it’s going to be awesome if I can pull it off.
4) Rework the short story that I wrote for my writing community this weekend. It kind of went out of control, but I like the concept: Michael and Gabriel go all cowboy style in the wild west looking for Lucifer. I know, I know, I know, it doesn’t sound awesome, but like, there is something about it that has the potential to be awesome, so I’m working on it. Don’t judge me!
I haven’t received any feedback on what I originally posted (probably not a good sign). Will table this to Saturday.
5) Come up with a new schedule for work on my novel, A Terrible Thing to Waste, because my current timeline is broken (which totally sucks). Post for accountability.
*sigh* I feel this beautiful story slipping away from me. I haven’t even thought about it. Writing a novel is important to me. I want to do it, I need to do it, and this story means a lot to me. I will make this a priority this weekend.
My goodness. I turned to my husband this morning and lamented that it’s only Wednesday. Time seems to be moving so damned slowly. But if that’s the case, I should have way more to show for my week. Time to get it into gear!!