I’m feeling really accomplished today. There was a lot to do this week and I am grateful that I got about 90% of it done. Let’s go to the board and see what I’ve done:
1) 5 posts this week. Yup, we’re gonna do it.
I’m averaging about 2,000 words a day thanks in large part to blogging 5 days a week. It is a lot of fun to reflect about writing in other ways. I hope I can keep this up!
2) Complete the short story that I started last week, The Hand that Feeds You, and post it for critique.
Completed, renamed, and will be posted shortly. My community seems to be a little dead today, so I’ll post it later.
3) Write this week’s flash fiction for Chuck’s challenge. I rolled a good one! Superhero plus Occult Detective, must have forbidden love and a pool of blood. Ohhhhh yeaaaah. It’s gonna be awesome.
Done and posted! I am actually pleased with the results. I’ve already come up with an idea for a re-write, and I might submit that re-write somewhere. We’ll see…
4) Rework the short story that I wrote for my writing community this weekend. It kind of went out of control, but I like the concept: Michael and Gabriel go all cowboy style in the wild west looking for Lucifer. I know, I know, I know, it doesn’t sound awesome, but like, there is something about it that has the potential to be awesome, so I’m working on it. Don’t judge me!
Didn’t get to this quite yet, hopefully this evening (So I’m still marking it as “done). I have a couple ideas about how to rehab what I originally wrote while keeping my idea. Super excited.
5) Come up with a new schedule for work on my novel, A Terrible Thing to Waste, because my current timeline is broken (which totally sucks). Post for accountability.
Even did a little pondering about this! I’m not pleased with the plan (start October 1 instead of August 1, bleeding into Nano, which makes things messy) but it is a plan nonetheless.
Here’s to a successful week!!! My reward? I’m treating myself to a little jazz and gelato tonight at my favorite little corner coffee shop. No kids, no husband. I’m really pumped! If it’s raining/storming, I might stay in and watch True Blood instead. Either way, I’m taking the night off.
I hope you, too, had a successful literary week! Tomorrow is a “short” because of the July 4th holiday (here in America, anyway), but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t writing to do. I’m already lost in TVTropes researching for next week’s challenge!