Man, I don’t even have any excuses for a week. This week was just a hot mess for fiction. Let’s go to the disaster:
1) At least 4 posts this week.
Ok, so I did that.
2) Continue World Building, producing some material that will be good enough to use for plotting.
Not even a chance. And now that I know that I’ll be moving the first week of August, I don’t know how I’m going to be capable of starting this novel August 1. That’s fine, because I can’t plot in July because I’ll be flippin’ packing. Looks like we might be moving everything back to October 1 at this rate!
3) Develop one of the two short stories that I found inspiration for over the weekend.
Now, I did do this. I’m 1381 words into The Hand That Feeds You, a concept that I’m really excited about. I’m on draft zero right now, but I’m hoping to have something done and ready for critique by next Wednesday or so.
4) Work on a Flash Fiction, but not the one that Chuck posted. Work on another one.
Nope. Didn’t happen. Didn’t even come close to happening. But I’m super pumped about this week’s challenge!
5) Finish personal market spreadsheet, pick a few magazines, send off my two lit fic short stories.
Didn’t happen. All of the windows are still open, didn’t even glance at them.
So, fail failing fail? I shall deny myself beer this weekend as penance for my actions…and since Sam Adams Summer Ale is my second favorite beer, and the window for drinking it is so damned short, this is a high price to pay indeed!